Archive for year: 2013
It may sound odd but if you do a lot of driving then applying these simple rules could make a real difference to the energy inside your car.
Our top tips to do this are :
- Clear out the clutter: make sure you regularly clear the car of clutter in both the boot and the passenger area. This could mean taking out all those parking permits and sweet wrappers or just sorting out the kids toys taken into the car. Having an uncluttered car almost guarantees good feng shui!
- Allow in fresh air: Regularly allow fresh air into the car rather than just using your air conditioning. Or if you prefer, use a car aromatherapy diffuser to help with different moods. Try peppermint and lemongrass to make you more energised or use peppermint to provide a more soothing and calming influence.
- Bring in some good feng shui items: This could be anything from your favourite colours to rock crystals to images that make you feel good. Don’t hang things from your rear view mirror though as this could be distracting! Music of course is another positive factor to apply here and can dramatically change your mood so think about some feel good tunes to have around.
- What’s the best car colour?: You really have to go with what you like as this will boost the enjoyment you get from the car. Another thing to think about is looking at your birth colour and choosing things to go in the car that apply to this. Or if you need some inspiration, try this link.
- And one final tip: Don’t park your car facing your house as this can create a slightly attacking quality of energy. If possible, park the headlights facing away.
Let us know if you found this useful and if it works for you.
Some of the most popular items on our e-store are our ceiling solution products and so we thought we would talk about them in a little more detail to show you just how easy they are to fit and all the sorts of things they can be used for.
The major component of our ceiling systems is the PowerTrak from which all the hooks, racks and hangers are installed. The PowerTrak is mounted to the ceiling joists then the hooks, hangers and racks have twist connectors which allow quick mounting to the PowerTrak. There are no permanent fasteners required. So once you have this installed you can then add any of our ceiling accessories to suit your needs.
|The GT7004 Overhead Storage Rack (4x4ft) allows you to use that valuable ceiling space. The rack provides 53 cubic feet of storage and has a capacity of 250lbs. With open mesh shelving for easy viewing of stored items, its an ideal place to store seasonal sports equipment or other bulky items. Available with or without PowerTrak from £173.00 including P&P.|
The GT9000 D Hanger Hook features a hanger hook with a large, flat holding surface. Each hook is priced at just £18.00 but a package of 2 hooks with PowerTrak can be purchased from our e-store for just £53.18.
The GT9001 C Hanger Hook features a hanger hook with a large, rounded bottom which is very versatile for holding different shaped objects close to the ceiling. Available as a single hook at £18.00 or as a package with PowerTrak for £53.18.
So if you are ready to get items off the floor and onto the ceiling, why not take a look at our e-store to find out more.
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art which balances the energy levels in your home. And we thought, why couldn’t this be used in the garage? It may even result in a better time on your bike or a lower golf handicap. So here’s our top tips to get your garage bursting with positive energy.
1. Declutter. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, just get rid of all your unwanted junk. It might be a time consuming process but it will help you establish what is worth keeping and what can be freecycled, given to charity or sent to the tip. Remember you must be brave and you must be honest otherwise it’s a pointless task.
2. Give your garage an airing. Sounds a bit mad right? But actually letting good quality air and light into your garage is essential for good feng shui energy. If you can’t leave your door open why not think about an air purifying plant, we’ve found a little list of some good options.
3. Paint the walls in a colour that pleases you or panel it with some of our TekPanel (now available in different colours as part of our Ultimate Range) to keep you happy when you are inside. Or put up pictures of things you love and that make you happy.
4. Add wall storage such as cabinets where you can store items and close the doors on. Also using specialist tool storage racks will keep items all together and out of the way, ensuring they are safe from little hands.
5. Fix your squeaky or broken garage door. See our recent blog on how easy this is to do.
6. Check the safety in your garage such as electrics and lighting, ensuring there are no cables to trip over.
7. And finally. Always park your car with the headlights facing away from the house. The reason behind this a car is man-made and if this points to your house it can create bad energy, certainly something to avoid.
So there you have it – positive energy all the way for your garage and hopefully it might just rub off on other aspects of your life too. Happy feng shuiing!
We have just added a great new case study profiling a recent garage makeover in Tonbridge. Our customer wanted to transform his garage to make the most of the space available, as well as hiding an unsightly boiler area. Our solution was to build a stud wall to hid the boiler whilst allowing the wall to be used for storage purposes.
Our customer now has a fantastic looking garage with all the storage he needs, a fantastic floor and everything is clean and tidy. For more images click here.
We are really excited that our new e-brochure is now available. If you are interested in seeing more then click here to fill in our online form and we’ll send you a copy.
Once you have read through our brochure, you may decide that you would like us to come and see you to give you a free, no obligation quote for your garage. To arrange an appointment, just call us on 01491 579975 or email us at email@example.com.
We design it. We install it. You enjoy it.
We are delighted to announce that our e-store now carries no postage and packaging costs so the price you see is the price you pay. Why not visit our e-store now to see what you could purchase for your garage?
Perhaps our Horizontal Bike Rack with TekTrak could be the answer to your bike storage worries. This is a fantastic package that gives you the bike rack and some trak to install directly to your garage wall. Only £112.70.
Or looking to maximise your ceiling space? How about our Overhead Storage Unit which connects to the ceiling and can be used to get lots of stuff off the ground and out of the way. Only £173.
For more ideas visit our online e-store.
We are really excited to announce that our floor tiles can now be purchased online via our e-store. Our tiles come in a variety of colours with ramps also available to purchase. Each tile costs just £8.85 and works out to approximately £29.50 per square metre. This cost includes VAT and free shipping.
Here are just some of the benefits of a Garageflex Tiled floor.
With many of us looking to add value to our home prior to selling, have you considered how much floor space your garage actually takes up and how making this a usable and welcoming space can add value to your home?
Garageflex looked at the parts in your garage that you should prioritise if you want your money to be spent wisely. Not only can they add value they make you happier to spend time in your garage too.
1. Garage Door
How old is your garage door? Many older doors close slowly, block the driveway or squeak. These things should be taken care of in your makeover.
Check if your door’s hinges have been properly oiled, this might be the cause why it closes slowly. You would also know this through the sound that it makes. If you think your door has an inappropriate design for your driveway, why not change it?
2. Storage Units
To make sure your garage is a safe place to store your tools and other important machinery, invest on storage units. Old wooden cabinets are not enough to keep your valuables safe.
If you get the right storage units, your garage would also look more organised, having your items in their right places and making them easy to access at any time. For storage ideas, click here.
Have you included upgrading your garage flooring in the budget? If not, be sure to save some for it. Most homeowners settle for paint which can soon flake and look unslightly. Tiles or resin floors are a good solution as they are hardwearing and create a stylish finish. To see some examples of how good this can look, click here.
How do you feel entering a garage with few or gloomy lights? Feels awful right? Your garage should have bright lights because this is where you do the most delicate projects such as cleaning your vehicle’s engine. If one screw rolls off, would your lighting help you in finding this small part in a big room?
If you are going to sell your property, your potential buyer would be pleased to see a well-lighted garage.
These are just a few of the small things you can change to increase the value that your garage provides to your home. For a complete garage transformation, visit Garageflex’s case studies page to see how good other people’s garages look as a result of their Garageflex makeover.
Did you know that approximately 6% of all fatal motorway accidents are caused by under-inflated tyres? Research carried out by Michelin found that as well as increasing the chance of an accident, incorrect tyre pressure could also be costing you money and increasing the amount of CO2 emissions being pumped into the atmosphere.
As part of our safety campaign, Garageflex recommends you check your tyres at least once a month and before embarking on a long journey.
Need any more persuading?
· Driving on under-inflated tyres can quickly deteriorate their condition
· Your steering is less precise
· Braking distances are increased
· You use 6% more fuel
· Less Co2 emissions are released from tyres with the correct tyre pressure
How to check your tyre pressure
- Make sure tyres are cold to get an accurate reading.
- Have a tyre pressure gauge handy, inexpensive ones can be found at Halfords.
- Find the tyre pressure requirement for your car by looking in your owner’s manual.
- Locate and unscrew the valve cap from the tyre.
- Once you’ve unscrewed the cap, press the tyre gauge onto the valve stem and hold it down firmly for a second or two.
- If you hear a hissing sound, you are letting air out and you need to press down a little harder. Make a note of the given reading.
- Do this with all four tyres and compare the tire pressure reading with the specified amount for your car. If your air pressure is lower than the recommended amount, you need to bring it up.
How to inflate your tyres
- You can either inflate your tyre at home with a footpump or digital inflator, or visit your local garage.
- Make sure the hose reaches your tyre and turn the compressor on.
- Remove the stem cap from the tyre and set it aside in a safe place where it can be easily found and not roll away.
- Press the air hose fitting onto the valve stem, keep a firm grip, and press the lever to begin the air flow. You should feel the air moving through the hose.
- To check if you have reached your desired air pressure, release the lever and check the hose fitting. This will show you approximately how much you have. You can also check with your own gauge to be sure.
- If you have over-inflated the tyre, press the gauge down enough to hear a hissing sound to let the air out. Or press down on the small needle in the center of the valve with a fingernail or pen.
- Once your tyre reaches the correct air pressure, replace the valve stem cap and repeat with the remaining tyres.